Who loves a fun snack that is a healthier (not healthy) alternative to your normal sugar cravings? Well, I have just the treat for you - I call it popcorn surprise! I had a look at a few recipes online and all the popcorn creations were American recipes with a lot of things we couldn't find in Oz, so I created my own and I think it's delicious!
1 cup of popcorn kernels
1 bag of marshmallows (just use the white ones)
1/4 cup of vanilla cake mix (I recommend buying a good brand)
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1 cup of white chocolate chips
1. Pop the popcorn kernels yourself on the stove - use a pot with 2 table spoons of oil (I use olive), wait til it heats up on medium heat (try putting a kernel in every few seconds and see how long it takes to pop - when they pop within a few seconds you're ready to put the whole cup in), cover with a lid and wait til the popping stops. Once the popcorn is done, scoop the popcorn out of the pot into a large bowl one large spoon at a time - this way you can get rid of the burnt popcorn or un-popped kernels easily.
2. Get a small saucepan and have it on low-medium heat, melt the marshmallows in the pot till they become like a liquid.
3. Add the cake mix, stir well and then vanilla extract to the mix (only once the cake mix has completely mixed with the marshmallow)
4. Add 1/4 cup of the white choc chips (optional)
6. Pre heat oven to 150 degrees celsius (fan forced)
5. Once the mixture has mixed together, pour it into the popcorn bowl. Using a wooden spoon mix the popcorn with the sweet mixture (don't be afraid to break a few popcorn to mix it well)
6. Using your clean hands or a spoon, roll the popcorn into cupcake-sized balls and place in cupcake patties. Top with sprinkles and white choc bits.
7. Place in the oven for 2-5 minutes (just for the white chocolate to melt)
8. Serve and ENJOY!
Let me know what you think! xx