So last night I was home alone and wanted to make something fresh, healthy and delicious, so I went to my local supermarket and had a look around at what to make, when I noticed the gorgeous pink salmon fillets staring at me as I walked past the deli! I thought Asian salad with baked salmon would be divine so I put some ingredients together and it was the best salad I've had in a while!
So ingredients are:
1/4 Spring Onion
1/4 Red Onion
1/4 Cup of Broccoli Stems
1 Stem of Celery
2 Tablespoons of Thousand Island Dressing
2 Tablespoons of Crunchy Asian Noodles (Optional - but they are delicious!)
1 Fillet of Salmon (about 70 - 100 grams is plenty!)
Salt & Pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius
2. Place salmon on baking tray, dab some olive oil on the fillet and season with salt and pepper
3. Bake for 15 - 20 minutes or until the salmon turns to a light pink and it looks tender.
4. Slice or shred all the vegetables and place in a bowl
5. Mix the crunchy Asian noodles and toss the salad
6. Place the dressing in the bowl and mix
7. Once the salmon is done, use the salad as a bed and place the salmon on top
Enjoy! This salad is fantastic for summer and is a flavour hit, dion't be afraid to add some lemon/lime or chili to give it a greater Asian flavour!