Confused by the title? Well by the end of this post I can promise you will be hungry, or at least craving something sweet. These are choconut cookies and the difference between these and any other choc-chip cookie is that they are made with coconut oil instead of butter, and the results aren't just slightly healthy, but they are absolutely divine.
So want to know how to make these delights? Here is what you will need (this recipe makes 24 cookies):
1/2 cup coconut oil
1 cup brown sugar (packed)
2 large eggs, room temperature
1 tbs. pure vanilla extract
1 & 3/4 cup plain flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. baking soda
chocolate chips (the great thing about these cookies is that you can alter this amount because the biscuit is delicious, so have a few or have many it's really up to you!)
Now for the fun part:
1. Preheat oven to 150 degrees (fanforced) and line your trays with baking paper.
2. In a bowl, mix the coconut oil, egg and brown sugar and vanilla extract and beat until fluffy.
3. In another bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, salt and baking powder with whisk. Mix the flour mixture into the coconut oil mixture until mixed well, then add in the chocolate chips and mix well.
4. Roll the mixutre in your hands into balls and place on tray (if the mixture is a little sticky don't worry, just use spoons to get them onto the tray).
5. Bake for about 8 - 10 minutes or until the cookies have a gorgeous golden colour around the edges. Leave them on the tray for a minute before placing them on the cooling rack.
And VOILA! The most delicious (and somewhat healthy) cookies in the world! So give them a go and let me know what you think!