Hawaii Reminiscing - Maui
If you're following me on Instagram (if you're not, go do it! @rochellecurrie_), you may have noticed that a few weeks ago, I was breathing in the Hawaiian air and holidaying in the 50th State. I first visited Hawaii on my honeymoon back in 2012, and to say I fell in love with the place would be an understatement. It is one of the most beautiful places I have ever had the pleasure to visit, and going back for a second time didn't change my perspective - if anything it just reminded me of how much I loved it in the first place.
We visited Maui first and stayed at the most beautiful hotel on the Island (maybe I'm biased, but it's the truth!), The Fairmont Kea Lani. The hospitality of the staff, the atmosphere, the views, the room, the bed (so heavenly), everything was simply amazing. We visited Maui with our friends, and we had so much fun - The Fairmont Kea Lani has an area just for over 18's which includes a gorgeous pool, hammock, tranquil area (it's a quiet zone...took me a while to get used to that one!), bar and massage area.
The hotel has a car (by car, I mean a Cadillac) that will drive you around the local area, which is super handy if you want to pop out for lunch, go shopping or visit the golf course. Although, you don't really have to leave the hotel - it has everything! Restaurants (yes that's plural), supermarket, spa, beach access, swimming pool, water slide (so much fun), boutiques, amazing room service and impeccable views.
On our last day in Maui, I got a little sick and the team at The Fairmont were so accommodating! They gave us extra time to check out (which we so needed) and helped us with our bags and getting us to the airport.
If you're planning a trip to Maui, I definitely recommend The Fairmont Kea Lani, our stay there was perfect!
Now, below are my top 8 things to do in Maui - trust me, it's worth the visit!
- Stay at The Fairmont Kea Lani!
- Go snorkeling at Kapalua Bay - I am the BIGGEST scared-y cat but this was an AMAZING experience, the water is crystal clear, and we swam with the turtles it was so cool!
- Experience a Luau on the beach - you'll get to enjoy traditional Hawaiian food, watch a gorgeous performance and see the Maui sunset.
- Monkey Pod - it's yum, definitely worth a visit, especially for their truffle fries!
- Drive around the Island - there is so much beauty to see, so if you're comfortable driving on the other side of the road definitely hire a car, otherwise book a tour.
- Enjoy a traditional Hawaiian massage with hot stones.
- Eat as much seafood as possible, the fish is so fresh and tastes divine.
- RELAX. It's one of the most beautiful places to do so, so make the most of it and wind down.
And that's the stunning view at Kapalua Bay! Next week, I'll post about Oahu! x